Friday, November 18, 2005

Let's be bad

It's been a while since we had a bad word, so here we go, today "foutre" (pronounced footr), which has numerous interesting meanings:
  • As a masculine noun, it is slang for sperm
  • As an exclamation, it is very close to "fuck", e.g.:
foutre! = fuck!
j'en sais foutre rien! = I don't know fuck about it!
foutre non! = fuck no!

  • As a verb, slang for to do
E.g. qu'est-ce qu'il fout? = what the hell is he doing ?
qu'est-ce que ça peut foutre? = what the hell does it matter ?
  • As a verb, slang for to give (a blow, a kick...)
E.g. ça m'a foutu un coup = it was a real blow to me
  • As a verb, slang for to put
où t'as foutu les clés? = what the hell have you done with the keys ?
  • As a verb, can also simply mean to fuck
va ta faire foutre! = go to hell (literally go get fucked), pronounced vatfayrfootr

  • Other miscelaneous expressions:
je lui ai foutu une claque = I slapped him
tu te fous de ma gueule? = are you making fun of me ? / kidding me ?
je m'en fous! = I don't give a shit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home